Monday, April 12, 2010

Oink oink Oink

Pig Cookin' 2010....Yes, I purposely left the "g" out because it's southern. I'm a grammar fanatic myself...

Technically, I went, but many could claim that I did not. I went through the drive through to get a BBQ plate from the FFA.

I cheated; I know.

Only because I had forgotten, and was reminded the day of by my family, that there are only rides there and bbq plates.

My master plan fell to pieces.

Plan #1: Call my old FFA advisor to set me up with a chef/pig cooker man or woman whom I can assist.

Fail #1: I perceivably waited too long to act upon it--I'm giving the excuse of Easter.

Plan #2: Go around to several cooks on Saturday, at the fest, and taste test them all in order to give a review. Then go interview my chosen best cook about how to cook a pig.

Fail #2: That's not how things work....you buy plates without knowing who made the bbq.

Well, it was good and the vinegar based sauce is to die for.

Despite all that tomfoolery, the rest of the weekend was pure sweat and labor--hoeing them weeds and throwing down the rubbers...I mean rubber mulch, of course. Oh, the Spring!

Looking stunning and making me ecstatic...plants are popping up and growing in.








Two, maybe three weeks ago, I bought a surfboard! Hopefully I'll be riding some waves this summer. I'll be giving it my artistic touch in the next few weekends--here's the before picture. Painting it with my own design...


Next Event: Not surprisingly, the Bachelor Auction won out. This should be fun, as long as all the men aren't over 35...and I don't spend a million dollars. Prior to the event, I finally am learning to sail--all day Saturday!

Following event (Vote):

1. Maritime Museum's Wooden Boat Show: The museum’s Annual Wooden Boat Show has celebrated wooden boats and traditional skills since 1975. Free boat rides will be offered all week from 1-4 PM outside the Watercraft Center (April 24-30). At the Boat Show enjoy traditional skills demonstrations & displays, educational activities, historic vessels, nautical crafts, boat models, sailboat races at 11 AM and 3 PM, and sailboat rides from 12-3 PM. Parking at Gallants Channel with free van shuttle 9 AM - 5 PM (Saturday, May 1).

2. 6th Annual Beaufort Wine and Food Fest: Great wines plus the food of coastal Carolina's finest restaurants are a perfect pairing. Visit the quaint seaport town of Beaufort in grand style while attending tastings, seminars, dinners, wine and cheese pairings and much more. With 18 different events, there is something for everyone - don't miss this culinary experience.

No comments: