Sunday, February 21, 2010

Report: My Soul is the Color Blue

I convinced my parents (didn't take much since it was my birthday) to go out to a blues concert with me, feed me, buy a cd for me, and buy cocktails for me. So, not only do I look 16, but I still occassionally act like it too--feed me Seymour! I am utterly grateful for my parents.



We discovered a new love for blues and folk--those guys could jam. Two guys; a father and a son from philly traveling and singing together.



There is no other genre that makes me journey into my past, present, and future; no other genre that makes me think of who I was, who I am, and who I want to be. It takes me to a magical place that only God can go deeper than. It makes me escape the world and enter the world all at once. Bottom line: makes me want to pick up a mic/mandolin/guitar and sing-a-long.

There is one thing that I don't understand; I was the youngest person at the concert. Do young people not like Blues? How is that possible? Maybe there's too much crap on the radio that the good stuff isn't played anymore. I don't know; I don't even listen to the radio anymore.


Suffice to say, I had a wonderful evening with my parents. I also ascertained that I like orange juice (I've always hated) given that there is rum involved.



Next Event: I will be giving a double feature:
Church Foosball (ironic because there was a fooseball competition at the Beach tavern too) and jamming at the Book Nook!


Following Event: There is actually not anything in the paper I can do--ahh! So, I'll be doing some research beyond the paper for March 5-11. Suggestions are welcome. Maybe we can come up with a homemade event. Like going door to door all day for can foods for the soup kitchen--I need a little red wagon....

3 comments:

A.S.H. said...

Hey Amanda,
Would you be interested in being featured in the Jacksonville Daily News in regards to your blog and weekly adventures? If so, don't hesitate to contact me. Here's a link to my contact info: http://www.jdnews.com/articles/aniesa-73096-holmes-.html

Emily Egerton said...

Hi Amanda,
Are you a fan of sushi? If you're not sure about the raw fish part, I assure you that there are many forms of sushi that are cooked including shrimp, tempura-fried soft shell crabs, chicken, and crab. California Roll Cafeˊ is famous for some awesome sushi combinations, delish salads and decadent desserts. The coconut fried shrimp is fabulous too! We just moved from downtown MHC to the Atlantic Station shopping center right next door to the Food Lion. I hope you'll consider coming to our restaurant and blogging about it. Thanks!

Amanda said...

Emily, Not sure if you'll be back... I will definitely be including you in my other blog--The Cheapest Meal on the Menu Tour. It will be starting in May, but the tour begins East and goes West (Just Carteret County). Do you hold events/shows ever? If so, maybe they'll be an oppurtunity in this blog too.