Monday, February 8, 2010

Oh Chocolate, it is thee I love.

Before the event, I imagined starting the blog off with an air of warrior woman whom eats all.  To start with the line: "31 booths, 31 chocolate samples, and one stomach...". 


This is not the case--which shouldn't be a surprise by now.  Maybe my expectations are too high.

8 Dollars for entry should equal something in return, is there something wrong with that thinking?  Shouldn't there be a sample of chocolate at each booth? 

Drum roll please....

There were 3, count them on your fingers, three booths that had samples.  Sure I'll give some of you booths the benefit of the doubt and say you ran out of your samples, but only because I was there in the last two hours of the festival.  Oh booths, do you not know about marketing your products? You score an F; all of you that are not the 3 mentioned. 



So, I tasted some whipping cream (not even chocolate!) and one was pumpkin spice flavor.  Which if you know me, you know I am a sucker for anything related to pumpkin.  The other was something oreo.

I also tasted some mocha fudge, which ensued in me purchasing some for my mother. Well, actually she gave me twenty bucks to buy her something there.  Sorry mom, I only spent $5.50 on you...of your money--and I'll probably be eating some of it too.

All the fun things always seem to be for the kids!

Chocolate Pudding Eating contest = for the kids.  Although I often am percieved to be a big kid, I sadly cannot pass the test any longer.  They were running the last eating contest of the festival right before I left. I was jealous, and if I was a kid, I would have been throwing a tantrum in front of everyone--because not only do I like pudding, but I like competition.  Food and competition make a downright fine match. 



Best Part of the Event: 
I know, I know, I just complained about the $8, but it went to Carteret County charities.  I just wanted samples....

This Weekend/Next Event:
Marti Gras Masquerade Party at Cool Fish.

Following week/My Birthday!
I will be skydiving!  It would be a great gift if someone would go with me--and I only (unless you want to too) mean take a short roadtrip with me and see me off.  I'm having it videotaped too.

I'll post the next voting period in the next event blog! The Marti Gras issue..

1 comment:

Amy said...

I would have been a little crazy about the $8 bucks too and wanted more of the good stuff too. I'm sad I couldn't see the pudding all over your face!