Sunday, March 14, 2010

Irish Jig Fesitival

There was a slight win towards the Belly Dancing in last week's poll, but due to my Raleigh friends inability to attend with me, I decided to go to the local 19th annual St. Patrick's day Festival instead. 

It was a close race, so I didn't feel too guilty.

During the week, someone requested that I perform an irish step every 30 minutes that I was there, for 30 seconds.

 


I found it strange that at an Irish Festival, there wasn't any irish music, or food for that matter. I was stepping to Raggae and country music and there was Polish and Italian food being sold in the booths. Odd? Yes!

I think my dancing would have been better with the irish music, but regardless, maybe I should just stick to the singing...

It was an overall fun day, but only because I had called up a new friend, Elisha, from EI to meet up with her there--ends up she had a whole group of people there too (many I had met before). It would have been terrible without the company--it was just food vendors, a few rides, and a beer tent. Afterwards, we went over to Elisha's house and conversed for hours on politics, religion, sports, and personal lives.

Next Event:
Camping in Boone with 20 or more Morehead people! Im roughing it without a tent in March...

Following event:
Your choice still: Look to the Poll on the Right.

Easter week:
I'm not planning anything because it is Easter, but I may blog on whatever springs up.

No comments: