Sunday, March 28, 2010

Walking with the Dogs

Yesterday, I went all the way to Wilmington to walk about 1 mile in the park.

Pretty nuts--I should of brought my dogs too because it seemed like every person/maybe every other person had a dog.

I was walking in Wilmington for a Walk-a-thon for those who can't walk or need help walking with service dogs.

I saw the biggest dog I've ever seen, a bull mastiff (the Sandlot dog) take on a black lab--obvious winner there. I was walking behind a team of Boston terrier rescuers at one time--probably about 20 carbon-copies of those dogs surrounded me. The other half of the time was spent talking to a little old lady from Wilmington about dogs (my basenjis, her dogs) and the smell of dog waste in the air from the overwhelming numbers of them in the park.

We were fed free food from Papa Johns and McCalisters Subs. They were even handing out free doggy poop bags all along the trail...

Free t-shirts too! Large T-shirts and Extra Large T-shirts. This I do not understand. Every free event I ever go to--oversized t-shirts. The majority of the population wears small or medium, right? Do they think that there will be much advertising success in nightgown-wear? How about on Salvation Army racks? If people could actually wear these shirts in public, they might be able to sell a product or sell an event for the future--just a thought.

Terrible pictures this time, sorry! It took me awhile to figure out that the camera was on video setting, in which, I was merely snapshooting--so no video really either.

Here's what I got:

Notice the nightgown the girl is wearing...


Next Week:
Easter Week: I'm taking off.

Next Event:

1. The Newport Pig Cookin':The annual Newport Pig Cookin'Contest is a tradition in eastern NC. Try the "best of the best" eastern NC style barbecue in Newport Community Park. Rides, food, pretty much a festival again, but some really good bbq.

That's all that's listed that I'm available for. The following week looks to have a lot though--I'll post that as a poll to vote on later this week--after a little more research.

No comments: