Friday, January 8, 2010

My Julia Julia Experiment

So, I need to get out of this large hole of stay-at-home mediocrity after I get back from work everyday. I have few friends here and I hang out with my PARENTS...ahh! My seclusion from the world has reached it's peak since moving back home in August. Adventure will give me sanity again...more friends will surely follow in result (I know I have that charm about me...)

So I watched Julia and Julia and came up with something of my own. Has nothing to do with cooking really (although I do want to do the same one day..in my OWN home), but it will be a routine of new excitements and very wide possibilities.


Solution: The Process every week or 2 at most:
Step 1: Search event calendar in local newspaper.
Step 2: Pick the strangest or most interesting thing to do that is either free or really close to free.

Step 3: You help me Choose! Then Do the top choice...or MY top choice if no one responds.
Step 4: Write about the experience.
Step 5: Start all over again. Search again within 2-3 days of last event.

Mind you, I'm in a small NC coastal town...so things might get interesting...like carving ducks and chasing wild island ponies in order to take pictures. I'm going to be open to everything....that fits my schedule.

Current listings according to my schedule:
1.March for Babies-- Jan. 14th
Anyone is welcome to join us who is interested in the March of Dimes mission to fight premature birth, birth defects and infant mortality. We will be holding a meeting to discuss who might be interested in joining the March for Babies Committee for the May 8th 2010 walk being held at Shevans Park from 9-12pm. Come and find out what you can do to support the cause and raise awareness in your community. We will provide drinks and heavy hors d'oeuvres during these meetings.

2. The Carolina Girls Bookclub invites girls of all ages to join us for our Launch Party-- Jan 14
About the Carolina Girls:This is not your average book club. The CG's will focus on a great North Carolina authors, but instead of discussing the books with each other, we will go straight to the source.Each month we will have different authors from across North Carolina visit to answer our questions, share their inspiration, and a few laughs during a Carolina Girls Happy Hour.

3.Gathering Time Concert--Jan 15
This acoustic vocal trio from New York offers smooth guitar mastery and a blending of voices that is perfection! Their harmonies have been likened to Peter, Paul, and Mary or Crosby, Stills, and Nash. Add to this superb songwriting abilities, and you are in for a real treat!

4. Jammin at the Book Nook--Jan. 18
The Down East Library in Smyrna hosts Jammin’ at the Book Nook on 1st, 3rd and 5th Monday nights at 7 p.m. New, novice or practiced musicians, bring your guitar or other favorite instrument. Singers are also welcome, or just come to listen and enjoy!! Allen Jones is our leader, and this is a great time for all ages.

Ok, these aren't as fun as some future events I see, like a start your own beehive class, Cheers and Beers night, trip to a waterfowl park with photographers, meditation with unitarians, coin club meeting, woodworkers meeting, bingo night, all through to February. So, help me choose. Which of the four listed should I do? Make requests of what I should be required to do when I go...like conversation pieces or songs I should sing (choice 4), or things I should bring or wear.



No comments: