Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Weekly Report #1

It is Monday morning, MLK day, and I have to go to work for 6 hours---yes, boo hoo.


I get home around 3:30pm...and my event life begins.

So I thought.

I run through stage and song scenarios in my mind in hopes of relief from any oncoming nervous attacks because I usually sprint away from any opportunity to go on stage. Sweatty palms, a heart that couldn't possibly beat any faster, vomit in my mouth (maybe a little dramatic), dry throat, and twitching hands.

Today was a different story from going stage fright crazy.

I was pep-talking myself all week; I told myself how stunning and amazing I am. If I barf, the crowd will love that too....

I memorized my songs and was set with the most peaceful state I'd ever had before getting on a stage.

6:45pm rolls around.

I went to pick my cousin, Casey, up from her house. I'm wearing a fashionable, bohemian 80's sweater dress with a white flowy bottom, hat and all--granted, it's impossible to wear while driving...

Casey lives probably about 45 minutes from Down East (destination). I find that she has an even more calming effect on me--we talk the entire ride....or I shall say; I talked the entire time.

It's dark and it's Down East (middle of nowhere), so I miss a few turns then see the sign for the place.

It's quaint, small, and has a string of lights on the roof, but....


Can I just state now that the local newspaper has its flaws?

Sign 1: No cars in the parking lot.

Sign 2: No lights on inside.

I'll take it that MLK day only happens ONCE a year. This place has open mic every 1st, 3rd, and 5th monday--I'll be scheduling it again.

So..so..so...so..so...disappointing!


Casey slept over and we watched Transformers instead. I finally identified the Detroit Train station in the movie--Yeah, I got to go in that building btw.



NEXT EVENT:

Shockwave wrestling seems to be the favorite--that's this Saturday


FOLLOWING WEEK:

There is an obvious winner: The Pirate Punch (pirate attire required) at the History Place.

The other events are concerts.


Just go ahead and agree with me on this one.....PIRATE PUNCH is a go.

No comments: